TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HIRE OF ST DAVIDS CITY HALL
AND ITS FACILITIES.
- All bookings have to be made on the City Council’s booking form and signed.
- Provisional bookings must be confirmed within 7 days.
- Payment of hire charges to be made within 14 days.
- Any person or organisation who in an application for the hire of the premises, knowingly or recklessly makes any statement which is false in any material respect shall be liable to have the booking cancelled and any booking fee forfeited.
- The user/hirer accepts the terms and conditions for booking the hall and facilities and shall pay to St. Davids City Council the cost of repairing any damage caused by the hirer or his employees or volunteers.
- The user/hirer shall comply with any acts of parliament, statutory instruments, bye-laws or regulations effecting the premises or the equipment therein or the business carried on by the hirer.
- The user/hirer shall indemnify the St Davids City Council against any claims, actions, demands or losses occasioned during use of the facilities, or the acts or defaults of the hirer or employees.
3.1 Right of entry is to be allowed at any time to the caretaker and officers of St Davids City Council, regulating officers of Pembrokeshire County Council, the Fire Authority and the Police.
- Noise levels are to be limited to below sixty five decibels.
- No exhibition, demonstration or performance of hypnotism is permitted without written permission of the Council. No performance involving obscene material is permitted.
- All accesses and emergency doors shall be kept clear and free of obstruction.
- The hirer shall be responsible for conduct at the premises during the hire and until all persons have left the premises at the close.
- No person who is intoxicated is to be admitted and anyone in an intoxicated condition is to be ejected.
- Taking and use of drugs and other illegal substances is not permitted.
- The hirer shall be responsible for providing door persons, in the ratio of one per hundred persons or part one hundred persons, being at least eighteen years of age.
- The hirer is responsible for the Health and Safety of users and conformance to appropriate legislation, including the provision of first aid cover, is mandatory.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the City Hall facilities.
- No lights to be completely switched off during dances-discos.
- No additional lights or electrical extensions from existing electric light fittings to be used without consent.
- No advertisements, bills, hoarding, notices or placards to be fixed to the interior or exterior of the premises its fixings or furniture, other than approved notice-boards.
- Sale or consumption of alcohol must be by agreement with the Council and the responsibility of taking out an occasional liquor licence is to be undertaken by the Hirer.
- Inflatables bouncy Castles are not allowed in the Hall.
- The premises, furniture and fittings are to be inspected in the presence of the Caretaker or other authorised person at the termination of the hiring, when any damage is to be listed and the list is to be binding on the hirer whether signed by them or not.
- Kitchen – When using the refrigerator, the temperature record book must be completed with date time and temperature of fridge. Hirer is responsible for compliance with Temperature Control Regulations of the Food Safety Act.
- Ball games – Use of balls is restricted to soft ‘foam’ type balls only, ordinary balls are not to be used.
- For Public Entertainments, the conditions of the Premises apply with:-
- The required number of Registered Doorpersons as stipulated on the Premises Licence for the premises are to be provided. With the names, addresses and the badge numbers of the nominated registered doorpersons to be submitted 7 days prior to the date of the event.
- The completion of the ‘Licence Register’ with the Licensee or approved representative, giving the Names and Addresses of Door Persons and Registered Door Persons as well as recording that checks on all Residual Current Devices, Fire Fighting Equipment, Emergency Exits are made and that full Instructions are given to staff.
- Seating Plan to be as the agreed plan of the Licence.